Maple Grove Central Park is only the second community park in the Maple Grove and it's a doozy. It includes a huge and beautifully designed playground, a garden, a splash pad, space to rent for birthday parties, a big outdoor skating loop and trails and green space. Note that dogs are not allowed in the green spaces or in the playground. This is probably a park to come to with the purpose of dog walking or leave the dog at home.
7 Ideas for Family Fun at Maple Grove Central Park
- Play Together on the Playground. Even adults are going to love this playground. But, if sitting with a book and/or coffee is more your thing, there are plenty of places to sit within view of the playground, too.
- Explore the Labyrinth Garden.
- Grab a snack at the concession stand in Phenow Pavilion. This is also where you will find the restrooms.
- Bring Your Lawn Games to the Great Lawn. Bring along a frisbee or a playground ball or just your family to play outdoor games that need a little space. The park has loaner equipment you can borrow to play bocce ball, bean bags, or pickle ball.
- Get Wet in the Splash Pad. The Interactive Fountain is a runway of sprinklers.
- Roller Skate. The trails of Maple Grove's city parks are smooth concrete, perfect for rollerskating, biking, skateboarding or just walking with a stroller. They interconnect, so you can choose the length of your walk.
- Ice Skate the Loop in Winter.
Central Park Playground
The Splash Pad - Central Park Interactive Fountain
The Fountain is free to play for people of all ages. In the evening, the park lights the water sprays, making it both beautiful and fun. Changing rooms and restrooms are available inside the park building. The splash pad boasts 49 jet sprays and 18 arching sprays, and uses recycled water filtration system.
Maple Grove Central Park Garden
The garden, designed by Lisa Gidlow Moriorty, is designed as a labyrinth. It would be a beautiful place to just walk and talk as a family or this may be a perfect one-on-one outing. Before visiting, it may be a good time to remind kids that others come to the labyrinth to find quiet. If they need to run, a visit to the playground may help. Maple grove has a PDF printout with more ideas for getting the most out of a labyrinth walk.
Birthday Parties at Central Park
Phenow Pavilion and other areas are available for rent for birthday parties and other private events. For more information, see the City of Maple Grove's website. This building is also where you will find public restrooms and concessions.
Central Park Ice Skating Loop
During the winter months, take a serpentine spin on an LED-lit, refrigerated ice loop through the park. The ice designed for leisure skating; no hockey sticks or pucks are allowed. There is no charge to skate. Bring your own skates or rent from the Phenow Pavilion - which also has a fireplace for warming up.