Bryn Mawr Meadows Park is a south Minneapolis sports park with family friendly amenities that include a playground, pool, sports courts and fields and ice rinks in the winter months. Included among the more expected sports facilities is a cricket field and a broomball rink. It's sports complex hosts tournaments from all over the city and region. The park offers restrooms and offstreet parking.
Ideas for Family Fun at Bryn Mawr Meadows Park
- Play on the playground. There is a separate play area for tots.
- Hit the wading pool on a hot summer day.
- Go for a Family Bike Ride. Bassett’s Creek Trail runs through this park and Cedar Lake Regional Trail and the Luce Line Regional Trail are not far away.
- Pack a picnic. Picnic areas are first-come, first serve and the park has charcoal grills available.
- Practice your favorite sport. Bring your sports gear to practice together. This park has fields for soccer, cricket, and softball and tennis courts.
- Bring the stroller for a walk on the paved walking paths.
- Ice skate or play broomball in the winter months.
Bryn Mawr Wading Pool
This park is not adjacent to a school, therefore its usual pool season begins Memorial Day Weekend and ends after Labor Day. However, it is always a good idea to check MPRB's wading pool page to see which pools are open or closed at any time.
No Public Ice Skating at Bryn Mawr
The ice rink at this park is only open for broomball league and does not have free loaner equipment. Most other Minneapolis parks do have loaner equipment available in their warming houses.
For a list of outdoor rinks around the Twin Cities, see our article: Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks.