Bossen Field Park is a neighborhood park in Minneapolis. Family friendly amenities include a playground and tot lot, a wading pool and sports fields, courts and facility. While this is a sports-heavy park, the playground and pool make it a place families can come to play as well.
Wading Pool at Bossen Field Park
The wading pool opens Memorial Day Weekend and closes in late august. Minneapolis wading pools are open 10 am-9 pm daily during the summer season (except when temps are above 85 at 6 pm, then they remain open until 10 pm). There are no lifeguards on duty.
Recent Updates to Bossen Field
The extensive overhaul of Bossen Field Park was mostly completed in August of 2017. Updates included:
- All new playground equipment.
- Relocation of the playground closer to the center of the park.
- Renovated and realigned softball fields.
- Two large open field areas to allow for more flexible recreational use.
- New pathways throughout the 37-acre park.
- Additional parking.
The four new softball fields in the northern section of the park will continue to remain closed until 2018 to let natural turf establish. Find updates here.