Bailey Lake Park is a 4½ acre planned park to be located at the intersection of Dale Road and Woodbury Drive in the southeast area of Woodbury. It will serve as a neighborhood park for the newer neighborhoods of Fair Haven, Southridge and Summerlin. Construction is scheduled to begin in 2020.
Planned Features for Bailey Lake Park:
The City of Woodbury has developed a concept for this park that will include the following features:
- A playground. The planned playground will have unique climbing and sliding features and separate play areas for tots and bigger kids.
- A shade shelter close to the playground.
- Multi-purpose sports fields
- A basketball court
- Tennis/pickleball courts
- A picnic area
- Gathering space
- A nature play trail
- Connections to nearby existing trails. The area already has an extensive trail system that the park will incorporate into its design.
- Off-street Parking for up to 20 cards.
Natural Features of Bailey Lake Park Area
The park department will also work to preserve and feature some of the area's natural features, like native prairies, forests and water features.
Watch the City of Woodbury's Concept Video
This video gives an overview of the coming park as well as the goals and priorities of the Wodobury park system as they continue to expand.