Alden Park in Edina is a 5-acre neighborhood park with family-friendly amenities that include a playground, space for picnics, a bike trail and walking paths and green space. It also has a basketball court. It is across First Street from the Harley Hopkins Family Center, which offers ECFE programs and open gym times.
9 Fun Things for Families at Alden Park
- Play Fort. This is one of those playgrounds that feels like a fort or castle, or even a pirate ship. It just begs for some imagination play.
- Monkey Bar Races. Bring along a stop watch to see who can cross the monkey bars the fastest (or the furthest for smaller kids).
- Play in the Sand. The playground has a sand floor perfect for digging in together.
- Take a Walk Together. The trail that runs through the park is paved, so bring along a stroller, wagon or scooter. It is one meandering line through the park, so you may want to explore the neighborhood as part of your walk.
- Play Tag. The green space at this park is just a little bit hilly and is edged by trees, making it a good area for a game of tag. (Note though, that it is also close to residential homes, so you'll want to be considerate of the neighbors.)
- Enjoy a Game of One on One on the basketball court. Bring your own ball.
- Kick around your soccer ball or toss a football in the multi-sport field.
- Bring a Picnic and a blanket to spread out.
- Read a book. The city recommends this park for reading under a tree on its webpage.
Visit the Park Finder for more about this and other Edina parks.