Able Park is a nearly 7-acre community park in Spring Lake Park. Family-friendly amenities include two playgrounds, sports courts and fields, room to picnic and ice rinks in the winter. Perhaps the best part of the park is that the city has maintained some vintage playground equipment that is hard to find at other parks. Find and register for family events here.
6 Ideas for Family Fun at Able Park
- Have old-fashioned playground fun. This park still has a old-fashioned metal merry-go-round and climbing dome. It also has more modern playground equipment, including a zipline.
- Pack a picnic and enjoy it in the park's shelter and spread a blanket in a green space.
- Play some one-on-one on the basketball court
- Bring a ball to play some sand volleyball courts
- Play kickball on one of the ball diamonds
- In the winter go ice skating or practice hockey.
Winter at Able Park
The city maintains skating and hockey rinks at this park during the winter months, and this is the only park in Spring Lake Park with a warming house. Skating season runs from mid-December through mid-February. Find more places to skate: Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks.