While the timing is unfortunate due to Covid and all, you won’t want to miss seeing The Bakken’s new look. The Museum has completed its 12,000 square foot renovation (of the 1998 addition).As part of the Bakken’s new look, enhanced outdoor spaces and education areas have been crafted to increase the museum’s reach and honor the natural beauty surrounding the museum.
What Bakken’s New Look Includes:
- a stunning new entrance facing Bde Maka Ska featuring bird-safe glass;
- an expansive courtyard and walkway overlooking wetlands restored by the museum;
- a refurbished green roof overlooking Bde Maka Ska;
- flexible-use classrooms and rental spaces;
- a modernized makerspace for classes and camps;
- updated amenities, including lockers, all gender accessible bathrooms, and food and drink vending;
- a larger museum store, Earl’s Emporium, featuring science and technology-themed items for all ages;
- and a 2,000 square foot gallery space that will feature a new, engaging exhibit in Fall 2020.
“In this moment, we are especially focused on providing a community space for people to feel connected to one another and inspired by our exhibits, gardens, and grounds.”
The Bakken Museum President and CEO Michael Sanders
Beginning July 16, The Bakken Museum will be open to the public Tuesdays through Sundays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
General admission is $5 for individuals ages four and up, free for children under 3, and free to Bakken Museum members.
The museum has implemented COVID-19 safety measures, including timed tickets, increased cleaning protocols, and mask requirements.