Tuesday, November 3, 2020
World Jellyfish Day
At Home Family Fun:
- Learn about Jellyfish on National Geographic Kids.
- Spongebob Fans could buy and play the Great Jellyfish Escape Game.
- Stef from NonToy Gifts shares 18 ideas for Jellyfish crafts.
Visit an aquarium:
Note: All of these aquariums currently require advanced tickets to visit.
- My 8-year-old loves the Narwhal and Jelly books.
- On Bookflix: read and watch Peanut Butter and Jellyfish by Jarrett J. Krosoczka paired with My Home in the Water by J. Patrick Lewis.
- For bigger kids: One of our favorite local authors, Erin Soderberg Downing‘s favorite read aloud books is The Thing About Jellyfish by Ali Benjamin (recommended for age 10+)
Today is also National Sandwich Day, which works well if you plan to vote in person tonight.
- If you still happen to have some chicken leftover from Sunday, you can get one more meal out of it.
- Or, if you are feeling fancy, Skippy Peanut Butter has a recipe for a Peanut Butter Jellyfish Sandwich (not made with jellyfish).
Dinner Conversation Starter: Cool fact. We learned from the book Biggest, Strongest, Fastest by Steve Jenkins, that the sun jellyfish is the longest animal in the world. Their tentacles can be over 200 feet long. That’s longer the the Blue Whale and longer than the largest dinosaur.
About World Jellyfish Day.
Bonus November 3 Holiday
Election Day: Election Day Fun for Twin Cities Families. Currently, Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio is a favorite with my kids – boys & girls – and I really don’t mind reading and re-reading it and we have also recently borrowed the sequel, Grace Goes to Washington.
Find 30 Days of November Family Holidays on the corresponding pages