Beginning June 16, 2020, Minneapolis Parks Nearby Nature program will be rotating through city parks throughout the summer. The Minneapolis Parks and Recreation Board (“MPRB”) is challenging families to explore parks in new ways this summer with free “Nearby Nature Activities”. Drop in to a new park each week.
Throughout the summer, MPRB will be featuring different Minneapolis parks to offer drop-in activities that will engage participants in nature in entertaining ways. You don’t even need to leave your area of town. Parks will be selected in each sector of town.
What is Minneapolis Parks Nearby Nature?
Activity stations will include:
- Storybook Strolls. What is a Storybook Stroll? Anne shares her family’s love of StoryWalks here.
- Natural Finds. Families can try out orienteering on courses specially designed for this program.
- Nature Quests. “Discover nature in the park through scavenger hunts, challenges, informational signs and more.”
- Guided Experiences. Try out activities that help you “tune into nature” — like yoga and forest bathing — with prompts found around the park.
- Collaborative Nature Art. Add to community nature art with objects you find around the park.
Keep watching this page or our calendar for each week’s parks or get updates at the Minneapolis Parks Neighborhood Naturalist page on Facebook.
More Close-To-Home Park Articles
- Eagan Family Fun: 10 Close-To-Home Parks to Explore This Summer
- Burnsville Family Fun: 9 Close-To-Home Parks To Explore This Summer
- Maple Grove Family Fun: 10 Close-To-Home Parks to Explore This Summer
- Roseville Family Fun: 10 Close-To-Home Parks to Explore This Summer
- Woodbury Family Fun: 19 Close-To-Home Parks to Explore This Summer