Things to do in Minneapolis & St Paul this weekend!
This July Twin Cities Family Weekend Guide covers the weekend of July 3-4, 2021 – Independence Day Weekend! To find our most recent guide, click here.
Twin Cities Independence Day/July 4th Events
YES! Fourth of July festivities are BACK ON in the Twin Cities this year – parades, fireworks and other ways to celebrate with your family & community. We have all the details on city-hosted events wrapped up in our GUIDE TO INDEPENDENCE DAY IN THE TWIN CITIES.
Here’s a QUICK LIST of all the fireworks displays planned for Twin Cities communities. Most are attached to a city festival. For more details on the festivals, please skip over to the guide.
- BLOOMINGTON: NORMANDALE LAKE PARK – fireworks at dusk
- HAM LAKE: Ham Lake Lions Park – fireworks at 10pm.
- ST PAUL: CHS Field – Fireworks fter the Saints game. Berm tickets are $5.
STILLWATER: Fireworks Display Cruise via St. Croix River Cruises. 8pm – 11:45pm. Children $20; Adults $30.
- APPLE VALLEY: JOHNNY CAKE RIDGE PARK EAST – fireworks at 10pm.
- BLAINE: National Sports Center – fireworks at 10pm.
- CHANHASSEN: CITY CENTER PARK – fireworks at 10pm.
- COON RAPIDS: Coon Rapids Ice Center, fireworks at 10pm.
- EAGAN: 1501 Central Pkwy. – fireworks at 10pm.
- EDEN PRAIRIE: ROUND LAKE PARK – fireworks at 10pm.
- EXCELSIOR: South Lake Minnetonka – fireworks at 9:45pm.
- FOREST LAKE: Lakeside Memorial Park – fireworks at 10pm.
- LAKEVILLE: Lakeville North HS – fireworks at 10pm.
- ST LOUIS PARK: AQUILA PARK – fireworks at dusk.
- MAPLEWOOD: Hazelwood Park – fireworks at dusk.
- ST PAUL: CHS FIELD – Fireworks after the Saints game. Berm tickets are $5.
- STILLWATER: Fireworks Display Cruise via St. Croix River Cruises – 8pm – 11:45pm. Children $20; Adults $30.
- WHITE BEAR LAKE: Manitou Days Fireworks – Memorial Beach. 8pm-11pm.
- WOODBURY: HealthEast Sports Center – fireworks at 10pm.
Cool off this weekend in the twin cities
As summer heats up into July, it’s time to visit your favorite splash spot – or find a new one! Jump over to our complete TWIN CITIES ULTIMATE GUIDE TO THE BEST BEACHES, POOLS, WATERPARKS & SPLASH PADS or continue for a few ideas:
- Minneapolis wading pools are fun, free and some are splash and elaborate. Find our complete list at the link.
- We include our family favorites in our list of 20+ BEACHES, PARKS & PLAYGROUNDS TO TRY THIS SUMMER. This weekend we’re featuring LAKE JOHANNA BEACH in Tony Schmidt Regional Park, Arden Hills.
This is an ideal spot for the youngest beach babes. We love this beach for its clean, soft sand and playground so close to the shoreline that we have no problem letting older children play while keeping an eye on the younger ones in the small swim area. There is space to picnic nearby in the large pavilion.
- Swimming pools are always a hit for their slides and fun features. This weekend we’re featuring SANDVENTURE AQUATIC PARK in Shakopee.
Chlorinated water with a sand bottom and beach, slides and special discount days.
- Don’t forget that splash pads are a perfect place to cool off without the full investment of a day at the pool. This week we highlight the splash pad at HEALTHEAST SPORTS CENTER in Woodbury. Right next to the terrific MADISON’S PLACE INCLUSIVE PLAYGROUND.
- Get our huge list of the best 35 Splash Pads & Wading Pools in the Twin Cities!
more ideas for things to do this weekend in the twin cities
PLAY A ROUND OF MINI GOLF – choose from 14 fun outdoor courses in our guide to the best MINI GOLF IN THE TWIN CITIES.
- PICK YOUR OWN STRAWBERRIES – the strawberry season is nearing its end; check our guide to TWIN CITIES AREA STRAWBERRY PATCHES to see what’s picking.
- VISIT THE SEALS AT COMO HARBOR – COMO PARK ZOO & CONSERVATORY has opened its brand new seal habitat with an underwater viewing area. FREE!
- FIRST FREE SATURDAY AT WALKER ART CENTER – Family activities in the MINNEAPOLIS SCULPTURE GARDEN from 10am-3pm. Pick up a free art kit to take home. July 3.
Always free to visit weekends: