Many family attractions close on Mondays, but not all of them. Make your Manic Mondays into Family Fun Mondays with these special Monday activities.
MONDAY SPECIAL EVENTS
Tail Time | Wild Rumpus, Minneapolis – ongoing Mondays, 10:30am
PreK Mondays | The Works, Bloomington – ongoing Mondays, bi-monthly
PreK Days | Base Camp, Bloomington – one Monday per month Feb-April in 2018
Minnesota Landscape Arboretum | Chaska, free each 3rd Monday of month
Great River Water Park | Oxford Community Center, St Paul – ongoing half-price swims Monday
Chaska Community Center – Chaska/Carver residents admitted free first Mon/month, non-resident guests are BOGO. Use for swimming pool, fitness equipment, playroom & Tot Time Art (Mondays only)
Glow In One Mini Golf – Free child golf with full price adult (each additional child 1/2 off).
MONDAY DINING DEALS
Broadway Pizza – Monday Night Family Buffet: One free child’s buffet with each adult buffet purchased. Valid at 14 Twin Cities locations.
Q. Cumbers – Kid’s Night, Mondays, 4pm-close: Kids eat .99 cents- 2 children (age 12 & under) eat for .99 cents each with adult purchase.
MONDAY TOT TIMES
We recommend checking ahead before attending Tot Times, but these parks and community centers have regularly scheduled Tot Times on Mondays:
- Andover Community Center: Schedules put out monthly, but look for Monday tot times from 9:30 – 11 a.m.
- Apple Valley Community Center: 2 and under 9-9:30 a.m.; preschool 9:30-11 a.m. (also Wednesdays and Fridays). Free.
- Braemar Field, Edina: Tot Times 9-11 a.m. November through April (alwo on Wednesdays); $5/child.
- Chaska Community Center: Monday Tot Times include Art from 9:30-11 a.m. and Pool from 10:45-12:45 p.m. Tot times are included with the daily admission fee.
- Eagan Community Center: Preschool Open Gym every day of the week from 9-11:30 a.m., includes entry to the Blast Playground for $4/child.
- Eden Prairie Community Center: Toddler Open Gym 9-11:15 a.m. (also Wednesdays and Fridays). Cost: $4.50/Toddler, $5.50 Age 5+; $6.00 includes open skate or open swim when available.
- Hopkins Pavilion: Turf Tots March 1st to April 24th only. $4/child.
- Maple Grove Community Center: We recommend checking the monthly gym schedule, but look for parent and tot times on Mondays from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
- Minneapolis Recreation Centers: MPRB activities allows you to search by day of the week and by age. I usually use a keyword search like “indoor playground” or “tot time”.
- New Brighton Community Center: Open gym included with $6.00 admission to Eagles nest from 10:30-1:30 pm on Mondays (and Wednesdays).
- Plymouth Field House: Open Play 10:30am-1:30pm November through mid-March. (also Wednesdays and Fridays). Cost: $4/Plymouth Resident, $5/Non-Plymouth Resident.
- St Paul Recreation Centers: A new tot time schedule is posted seasonally. We recommend calling the individual rec centers before going.
- Shakopee Community Center: CC Kids Playtime: 10 to 11:15 a.m. (also Wednesdays). Cost: $1/child. For more information, call 952-233-9500.
MONDAY LIBRARY STORY TIMES
Like tot times, story times are subject to change. Each of the links takes you to the Library system’s list of current story times at individual branches. Remember that libraries tend to be closed for government holidays, this means Martin Luther King Monday, President’s Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day and any others that occasionally fall on a Monday:
- Dakota County Library
- Hennepin County Library Branches
- Ramsey County Library
- Saint Paul Public Library
- Scott County Library Branches (Scott County Library calls story time “Early Literacy Class”).
- Washington County Library