Wesley Park in Golden Valley is almost 20 acres with family friendly amenities including a playground, space to picnic and paved, lighted walking trails. During summer months there are sports fields and courts and in the winter you can find a skating rink with a warming house and a sledding hill. There is off-street parking on both sides of the park.
In the winter families can find a skating rink with a warming house, a sledding hill and an annual family festival.
- Sledding. Wesley Park is one of two parks that the Golden Valley Parks Department suggests for sledding.Find More Sledding Hills: Twin Cities Guide to the Best Sledding Hills
- Ice Skating. The outdoor skating rink is maintained daily on weekdays. There is a supervised warming shelter at this location. Skating and warming house hours are Monday through Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Saturday from 10:00 am to 9:00 p.m.; and Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.Find More Skating Rinks: Skate the Twin Cities: Where To Find Free Outdoor Ice Rinks.
- Winterfest. Wesley Park is the home of Golden Valley's annual Winterfest celebration. This all-ages family festival is usually held in early February and includes an afternoon of sledding, ice skating, hayrides, a bonfire with hot chocolate and marshmallow roasting, and music. The event is free and held outdoors.Find More Winter Festivals: Twin Cities Winter Family Festival Calendar
8 Fun Things at Wesley Park in Summer
During summer months families can take full advantage of the playground, sports fields and courts. There is also space to picnic and paved, lighted walking trails. During summer months there are sports fields and courts and in the winter you can find a skating rink with a warming house and a sledding hill.
- The Playground. The playground is spacious with enough tree cover that parents can watch from benches in shaded comfort. It is a standard plastic/metal climbing structure and a separate swing set.
- Picnics. With nearly 20 acres, there is plenty of green space to bring a blanket and a picnic.
- Walks. The city maintains lighted walking trails
- Basketball. Bring your own ball to enjoy a game of basketball or practice shots together.
- Tennis. The four tennis courts at this park can be reserved through the City.
- Baseball/Softball/Kickball. Bring your gear to get in some practice with your favorite base game.
- Soccer. In the fall, there is an actual soccer field, but all summer, there is plenty of green space to kick around a ball.
- Four Square. Golden Valley has game squares at all their parks.
Updates to the Ballfields
In 2019, the City of Golden Valley updated the ballfields with new dugouts that feature forest green roofs, concrete bases, aluminum benches and racks for helmets and bats. They also added fencing around the ballfields to reduce overthrows into the rest of the park or parking lots.