Besides being home to our famous State Fair, the Minnesota State Fair Grounds hosts year-round events, like festivals, expos and sales.
Park and Ride to Como Zoo
During the summer months (except during the State Fair), visitors to Como Zoo can park at the State Fair Grounds and catch a shuttle to and from the zoo. This is great for a couple reasons: 1) You don't want to ruin grown up moods trying to find parking on a busy day; and 2) Kids love the zoo bus. It's a fun extra for their day and a nice way to finish off the visit without tears.
Minnesota State Fair Food Map?
The fair's website has a interactive map that you may want to pull up on your phone as you look for that latest delicacy on a stick. It also comes in handy when you are trying to find a small off-season event.
Events at the Minnesota State Fair Grounds:
- Vulcan Snow Park – Winter Carnival Events
- The Fair. We have all the information a family needs in our Minnesota State Fair Guide - Discounts, Safety, Food, Fun!
- MN State Fair Grounds Plant Sale - Each May, Friends School hosts their famous plant sale - a gardener's dream. Proceeds help the school
- MN State Fair Grounds Car Show - Each June the MSRA celebrates its Back to the 50s weekend.
- There is more. Events go on all year round - book sales, festivals, shows, expos.
This article was originally published May 6, 2015
and most-recently updated on August 14, 2019