Lexington-Diffley Athletic Fields has plenty of wide-opened green space for field sports. It is also home to Eagan's seasonal skate park and BMX track.
6 Ideas for Family Fun at Lexington-Diffley Athletic Fields
- Ride the BMX Track. Bring your off-road bikes and try out the dirt paths that traverse various size earth mounds. A good workout for both parents and kids.
- Bring Your Skateboards. (scooters, in-line skate and bikes also welcome). The seasonal skate park has some more difficult elements, like quarter pipe, grind rails, but also space for less advanced skaters to practice on smooth surfaces.
- Practice Baseball Skills Together on an open baseball field.
- Pack a Picnic. This Park has a charcoal grill and a picnic shelter. There are also a couple of pavilions and picnic tables scattered through the park.
- Take a Walk Together. The park has both bituminous and concrete trails, ideal for strollers or scooters.
- Bring a Playground Ball and take advantage of all the green space for some yard games.
Lexington-Diffley Bike Park
Eagan sought the input of the BMX community when building the seasonal bike park. The track has several different earthen mounds and paths for off-road bikers of all ages and abilities. Families can use the park any time between dawn and dusk and it is free to use. Bring your own bikes and safety gear.