Crystal Beach is located within Crystal Beach Park in Burnsville. It features an unguarded swimming beach that is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. Beach hours are 11am-6pm, except when school is in session, when it opens at 3:30 p.m. The park has a concession stand and visitors can rent canoes or paddle boards. Free wi-fi is available courtesy of the City of Burnsville.
Family Fun at Crystal Beach Park
Other family-friendly amenities include:
- A large playground with a sand surface;
- Space to picnic;
- A hard-surface trail for exploring;
- Restrooms are during beach season;
- Tot and preschool fun -- the beach also has some smaller "sand factory" equipment on it;
- Shady space to cool off -- while the beach itself is mainly free of trees, the larger park has many mature trees to provide shade.
This park has a shelter that can be rented for private events like birthday parties. It holds 25 to 30 people. Rental rates vary by length of time and resident status.
Find More Birthday Party Ideas: FFTC's Ultimate Guide to Birthday Parties in the Twin Cities.