Bassett Creek Regional Trail is a seven mile paved trail stretching from French Regional Park in Plymouth along 36th Avenue and Boone Avenue through Hidden Valley Park in New Hope and connecting to Theodore Wirth Regional Park in Minneapolis (which, in turn, connects to the the Scenic Byway System in Minneapolis).
Parks and Trails Accessible by Bassett Creek Regional Trail
Besides French Regional Park, the current trail connects to:
- Bassett Creek Park in Crystal
- Hidden Valley Park in New Hope
- Northwood Park in New Hope
- Medicine Lake Regional Trail in Plymouth (which leads to the Luce Line Regional Trail)
- Theodore Wirth Regional Park in Minneapolis (which connects to Minneapolis's Scenic Byway System).
- Students attending Plymouth Middle School and Armstrong High School can also be use this trail as an off-road route to school.
The multi-use trail is recommended for biking and walking. Paved trails are also ideal for skating and skateboarding in the summer. Leashed dogs are welcome.
Maps of Bassett Creek Regional Trail.
Three Rivers Parks has both a PDF printable map and an interactive map of the trail available on its website.
Anne and family have been exploring the Twin Cities by bike and recommend some of their favorite trails: