It doesn’t have to break the bank to entertain the family away from home in the Twin Cities! You’ll find June’s seasonal and ongoing events and activities listed here that all cost $5-$6 or less per person to attend. For more ideas on budget and FREE family outings, check our Family Fun Calendar.
This post is brought to you by Snapology. Attend their Father’s Day Robotics Workshop | Snapology Discovery Center 2649 Lyndale Ave South | 1pm-3pm | $20 – Included parent and child | Dad, Grandpa, Uncle or whoever that special someone is can come join their kiddo(s) for a robotics workshop where we build an awesome creature and vehicle! We’ll build, program, and interact with the robotic builds, add sounds and sensors, make them move and have a ton of fun!
6/8/19: Family Dance | Tapestry Folkdance Center, Minneapolis | 6:30-8pm | $6/pp or $12/family | The focus is on teaching simple dances that everyone in the family can enjoy. Breaks will feature snacks and kid-friendly activities.
6/12/19: Daily Life on the Farm | Eidem Homestead, Brooklyn Park | 12-4pm | $5/pp at the door, 4 & under FREE | Help out with farm chores, visit the animals and explore the restored farmhouse. Also held 6/22/19 & 6/26/19.
6/21/19 & 6/22/19: Kids at the Castle: Watch My Garden Grow | American Swedish Institute, Minneapolis | 9-10am (feel free to stay after and explore the castle) | $8/family | Before the museum opens, join ASI for visual play, storytelling, music, and movement inspired by ASI’s exhibits that will encourage creative young minds. Suggested for ages 2-5.
TWIN CITIES JUNE WATER PLAY ACTIVITIES – $5-6/PP OR LESS
• Elm Creek Swimming Pond | Maple Grove | 9am-8pm | $5/pp | Chlorinated w/ sand beach, close to an elaborate playground, nature center and historic site.
• Lake Minnetonka Swimming Pond | Minnetrista | 9am-8pm | $5/pp | Chlorinated w/ sand beach.
• Jim Lupient Water Park | Minneapolis | $3-$5/pp
• North Commons Water Park | Minneapolis | $3-$5/pp
• Lakeside Commons Park & Beach | Blaine | $5/non-res, residents FREE | Public beach, splash pad, playground, and water rentals.
• Carver County swimming beach lifeguards on duty – 2 locations, $5/vehicle permit
WATER PARKS WITH TWILIGHT DISCOUNTS – $5-$6/PP OR LESS
• Shady Oak Beach | Minnetonka | $3/pp after 6pm
• SandVenture Aquatic Park | Shakopee | $3-$5/pp after 5pm
• St Louis Park Outdoor Aquatic Park | $5/pp after 4:30pm
• Battle Creek Waterworks | Maplewood | $5-$7/pp after 6pm
• Crystal Cove Aquatic Center | Crystal | $6/pp after 5pm
• Battle Creek Waterworks | Maplewood | Tot Tuesday & Thursday: Ongoing Tues & Thurs thru 2019 season, 9:30-10:30am | $2.50/pp ages 5 & under with guardian, additional fee of $4.50/pp if staying after 10:30am.
• Como Park Regional Pool | St Paul | Tot Time: Saturdays through 2019 season, 9:30am-11am | $8/parent and child pair, $4/additional child is $4, ages 0-6. Only the splash pad is open during this time. All are welcome to stay for open swim at 11:00am at no extra charge.
• Crystal Cove Aquatic Center | Crystal | Little Splashers Pool-Time: Saturdays June 15, 22 & 29, 10:30am-12:30pm | $3/child ages 7 & under, adults free | Only the zero-depth pool will be open. Pool closes at 12:30 pm and re-opens at 1:15 pm with normal admission fees and hours. Teen Moonlight Swim 6/14/19, 8-10pm, $3/pp.
• Lorraine Park Splash Pool | South St Paul | Toddler Time: Mon-Fri 11am-12:30pm | $2/pp, caregivers and children 2-3 yrs.
6/21/19: Family Fun & Fitness Fridays (Highland Pool, Como Pool & Great River Water Park) | St Paul | $2/pp during Open Swim hours.
Wild Wednesday | Grove Cove Aquatic Center, Maple Grove | Ongoing Wednesdays thru Aug 2019, 10am-8pm | $6/pp or $22/family, all members.
ONGOING JUNE EVENTS & ACTIVITIES $5-$6/PP OR LESS
Cheap Flicks: Twin Cities Movie Theater Discount Days – all seats $2-$5/pp
Starts 6/5/19: AMC Summer Movie Camp | Apple Valley | Wed, 10am | $4 plus tax deal for ticket, popcorn & drink.
Michaels Kids Club Crafts | TC Michaels locations | Ongoing Saturdays in June, 10am-noon | $2 per project, ages 3+. Check the link for details.
Saturday Mornings on the Farm | Gale Woods Farm, Minnetrista | Ongoing Saturdays in June, 9:30am-noon | $5/pp | Calling all farmhands! Help out with chores, spend time with the animals and participate in other spring farm activities. Closed-toe shoes required.
Raptor Center Tours | Gabbert Raptor Center, St Paul campus of the U of M | 30-minute tours every half hour, 10:30am-3:30pm, ongoing Tues-Fri | $3/ages 3-17, $5/adults | Bring kids of any age for a fun and educational visit. Meet some resident raptors, get hands-on with natural materials, and visit the kids’ play corner.
Bowl for a Buck | University of MN’s Coffman Union (Thurs, 5pm-close) & St. Paul Student Center (all day Wed) | $1 per game plus $2 shoe rental.
TWIN CITIES PARENT-CHILD NATURE PROGRAMS $5/PP OR LESS
Explore the great outdoors in June right alongside your children! Nature centers and parks across the Twin Cities host hundreds of low-cost programs throughout the year. Please check our Family Fun Calendar for exact dates, times and costs for each family nature program.
Harriet Alexander Nature Center | Roseville
June special: No special events scheduled, but the nature center is open for exploration or head outside and hike the boardwalk and trails.
Warner Nature Center | Marine on St Croix
June special: No special events scheduled, but the nature center is open for exploration or head outside and hike.
Wood Lake Nature Center | Richfield
June special: No special events scheduled, but the nature center is open for exploration.
INDOOR PLAY $5-$6 PER CHILD OR LESS
Brookview Backyard Indoor Playground, Golden Valley | Mon-Sat, 9am-8pm & Sun, 9:30am-5pm | $4-$5/pp | This brand-new, 3,000 sq ft facility opened December 2017.
Eagan Community Center: Preschool Open Play | Ongoing Mon-Fri, 9-11:30am | $4 per child, under 18 mons free | A variety of fun toys and sport equipment are available to play in the gym as well as play time in the Blast Indoor playground. For kids ages 1-5.
Millz House (Apple Valley): Open Play | Weekdays, 9am-4pm, $6/child or $18/family & Weekends, $8/child or $24/family. Find weekend hours here. | Work out the wiggles with indoor playsets, trampolines and basketball courts.
Shoreview Community Center: Tropical Adventure Indoor Playground | Open Play hours: Mon-Sat: 8am – 8pm, Sun: 8am – 6pm | $6/per child ages 1-12, adults free.