It doesn’t have to break the bank to entertain the family away from home in the Twin Cities! You’ll find July’s seasonal and ongoing events and activities listed here that all cost $5-$6 or less per person to attend. For more ideas on budget and FREE family outings, check our Family Fun Calendar or hop over to our Free Twin Cities July Family Events & Activities page.
7/12/17: Daily Life on the Farm | Eidem Homestead, Brooklyn Park | 12-3pm | $5/pp at the door, 5 & under FREE | Help out with farm chores, visit the animals and explore the restored farmhouse. Also held 7/22/17 & 7/26/17.
7/21-22: Kids at the Castle: Watch My Garden Grow | American Swedish Institute, Minneapolis | 9-10am (feel free to stay after and explore the castle) | $8/family | Before the museum opens, join ASI for visual play, storytelling, music, and movement inspired by ASI’s exhibits that will encourage creative young minds. Suggested for ages 2-5.
7/21/17: Friends & Family Fun Day | Dakota City Heritage Village, Farmington | Tours on the half hour begin at 10am through noon | $5/pp | Turn-of-the-century fun with guided tours, vintage games and other interactive activities.
TWIN CITIES JULY WATER PLAY ACTIVITIES – $5/PP OR LESS
• Elm Creek Swimming Pond | Maple Grove | 9am-8pm | $5/pp | Chlorinated w/ sand beach, close to an elaborate playground, nature center and historic site.
• Lake Minnetonka Swimming Pond | Minnetrista | 9am-8pm | $5/pp | Chlorinated w/ sand beach.
• Jim Lupient Water Park | Minneapolis | $3-$5/pp
• North Commons Water Park | Minneapolis | $3-$5/pp
• Lakeside Commons Park & Beach | Blaine | $5/non-res, residents FREE | Public beach, splash pad, playground, and water rentals.
• Carver County swimming beach lifeguards on duty – 2 locations, $5/vehicle permit
• Washington County Parks swimming beach lifeguards on duty – 5 locations | $5/vehicle.
WATER PARKS WITH TWILIGHT DISCOUNTS – $5/PP OR LESS
• Shady Oak Beach | Minnetonka | $3/pp after 6pm
• SandVenture Aquatic Park | Shakopee | $3-$5/pp after 5pm
• St Louis Park Outdoor Aquatic Park | $5/pp after 4:30pm
• Battle Creek Waterworks | Maplewood | $5-$7/pp after 6pm
• Battle Creek Waterworks | Maplewood | Tot Tuesday & Thursday: Ongoing Tues & Thurs thru 2017 season, 9:30-10:30am | $2.50/pp ages 5 & under with guardian, additional fee of $4.50/pp if staying after 10:30am.
• Como Park Regional Pool | St Paul | Tot Time: Saturdays through 2017 season, 9:30am-11am | $8/parent and child pair, $4/additional child is $4, ages 0-6. Only the splash pad is open during this time. All are welcome to stay for open swim at 11:00am at no extra charge.
• Crystal Cove Aquatic Center | Crystal | Little Splashers Pool-Time: Saturdays July 8, 15 & 22, 10:30am-12:30pm | $3/child ages 7 & under, adults free | Only the zero-depth pool will be open. Pool closes at 12:30 pm and re-opens at 1:15 pm with normal admission fees and hours.
• Lorraine Park Splash Pool | South St Paul | Toddler Time: Mon-Fri 11am-12:30pm | $2/pp, caregivers and children 2-3 yrs.
• St Louis Park Aquatic Center | Parent & Tot Time: Mon– Fri, 10-11am | $5/ages 1-5 yrs, $9.50/ages 6+ | Exclusive use of the shallow end of the pool with its splash features for tots and their caregivers.
7/21/17: Family Fun & Fitness Fridays (Highland Pool, Como Pool, Great River Water Park) | St Paul | $2/pp during Open Swim hours.
ONGOING JULY EVENTS & ACTIVITIES $5/PP OR LESS
For more FREE summer movie deals, check the following link below:
Michaels Kids Club Crafts | Twin Cities Michaels locations | Ongoing Saturdays in July, 10am-noon | $2 per project, ages 3+. Check the link for details. Michaels is also hosting Camp Creativity at participating TC locations each Mon, Wed & Fri thru 7/28/17, 10am-noon | $4-$5 per session
Saturday Mornings on the Farm | Gale Woods Farm, Minnetrista | Ongoing Saturdays in July, 9:30am-noon | $5/pp | Calling all farmhands! Help out with chores, spend time with the animals and participate in other spring farm activities. Closed-toe shoes required.
FANtastic Saturdays | The Blast Indoor Playground, Eagan Community Center | 5-8pm | $4/pp ages 18 mon-12 years, all others free | Better bang for your buck every Saturday evening: $4 will get you into the Blast Indoor Playground, the gym for games, and provide a movie and crafts (parents must stay to supervise their kids).
Raptor Center Tours | Gabbert Raptor Center, St Paul campus of the U of M | 30-minute tours every half hour, 10:30am-3:30pm, ongoing Tues-Fri | $3/ages 3-17, $5/adults | Bring kids of any age for a fun and educational visit. Meet some resident raptors, get hands-on with natural materials, and visit the kids’ play corner.
Bowl for a Buck | University of MN’s Coffman Union (Thurs, 5pm-close) & St. Paul Student Center (all day Wed) | $1 per game plus $2 shoe rental.
TWIN CITIES PARENT-CHILD NATURE PROGRAMS $5/PP OR LESS
Explore the great outdoors in July right alongside your children! Nature centers and parks across the Twin Cities host hundreds of low-cost programs throughout the year. Please check our Family Fun Calendar for exact dates, times and costs for each family nature program.
Carpenter St Croix Valley Nature Center | Hastings
Coon Rapids Dam Regional Park | Brooklyn Park
Eastman Nature Center | Dayton
Lowry Nature Center | Victoria
Maplewood Nature Center | Maplewood
Richardson Nature Center | Bloomington
Springbrook Nature Center | Fridley
Wargo Nature Center | Lino Lakes
Westwood Hills Nature Center | St Louis Park
Wood Lake Nature Center | Richfield
INDOOR PLAY $5 PER CHILD OR LESS
Eagan Community Center: Preschool Open Play | Ongoing Mon-Fri, 9-11:30am | $4 per child, under 18 mons free | A variety of fun toys and sport equipment are available to play in the gym as well as play time in the Blast Indoor playground. For kids ages 1-5.
Shoreview Community Center: Tropical Adventure Indoor Playground | Open Play hours: Mon-Sat: 8am – 8pm, Sun: 8am – 6pm | $5.25/per child ages 1-12, adults free.