In BookHounds Episode 5, Gianna reviews Behold! A Baby by Stephanie Watson. Joy has also reviewed this book here.
Behold! A Baby
Written by Stephanie Watson, Illustrated by Joy Ang
Published by Bloomsbury Children’s Books
Why I Liked Behold! A Baby
- Heartwarming topic and solution
- The big brother has a deep change of heart. It won’t be for long and it’s more toward his role in the family than toward his brother.
How to Read Behold! A Baby
- Use four different types of voices. Speak quickly, slowly, loudly and quietly.
- Have kids hold a doll or stuffed animal and behave like a big sibling
- Stand as you read the book, like a ringmaster.
- Use very exaggerated expressions
Activities for Behold! A Baby
- Make an obstacle course with blocks and other toys for the “baby” to crawl through.
- Eat bananas
- Make up a secret language
- Have kids write notes to each other about why they love each other.
Questions to ask about Behold! A Baby
- What do you think Big Brother was feeling?
- When did his feelings change?
- Do you think he will always like his little brother?
Want more great ideas? Check out Family Planning, FFTC’s Monthly Newsletter.
This post contains affiliate links that help support FFTC with no extra cost to you.