Trisha Speed Shaskan is a local children's book author. She has written over 40 books for children. She lives in the Twin Cities with her husband, Stephen Shaskan, who is also a children's book author and illustrator. Trisha's most recent book is The Ittty-Bitty Witch:
Betty can’t wait to be a first-grade witch. But on the first day of school, her classmates start calling her “Itty Bitty” because she’s small and still uses her kinder-broom. Betty doesn’t like the nickname—or how it makes her feel itty-bitty inside. So she comes up with a BIG idea to prove herself: winning the Halloween Dash.
More Books By Trisha Speed Shaskan
- Another Other Side of the Story: Fairy Tales with a Twist
- Around the World with the Percussion Family! (Musical Families)
- Art Panels, BAM! Speech Bubbles, POW!: Writing Your Own Graphic Novel (Writer's Toolbox) Stephen Shaskan (Illustrator)
- Betty and Baxter's Batter Battle (Read-It! Readers: Tongue Twisters)
- The Brass Family on Parade! (Musical Families)
- Fair Game (Read-It! Readers: Character Education)
- Honestly, Red Riding Hood Was Rotten!: The Story of Little Red Riding Hood as Told by the Wolf (The Other Side of the Story)
- I Am a Sea Horse: The Life of a Dwarf Sea Horse (I Live in the Ocean)
- I Am an Octopus: The Life of a Common Octopus (I Live in the Ocean)
- If You Were a Capital Letter (Word Fun)
- If You Were a Compound Word (Word Fun)
- If You Were a Contraction (Word Fun)
- If You Were a Divided-by Sign (Math Fun)
- If You Were a Fraction (Math Fun)
- If You Were a Minus Sign (Math Fun)
- If You Were a Minute (Math Fun)
- If You Were a Plural Word (Word Fun)
- If You Were a Plus Sign (Math Fun)
- If You Were a Times Sign (Math Fun)
- If You Were Alliteration (Word Fun)
- If You Were Onomatopoeia (Word Fun)
- The Keyboard Family Takes Center Stage!
- Math Fun
- Opening Night with the Woodwind Family! (Musical Families)
- The Other Side of the Story: Fairy Tales with a Twist
- Princess Bella's Birthday Cake (Read-It! Readers)
- Punk Skunks Stephen Shaskan (Illustrator)
- Q and Ray: Case 1: The Missing Mola Lisa Stephen Shaskan (Illustrator)
- Q and Ray: Case 2: Meteorite or Meteor-Wrong? Stephen Shaskan (Illustrator)
- Q and Ray: Case 3: Foul Play at Elm Tree Park Stephen Shaskan (Illustrator)
- Seriously, Cinderella Is SO Annoying!: The Story of Cinderella as Told by the Wicked Stepmother (The Other Side of the Story)
- The String Family in Harmony!
- This Is Anna (Read-It! Readers)
- The Three Princesses (Read-It! Readers)
- The Treasure Map (Read-It! Readers)
- Truly, We Both Loved Beauty Dearly!: The Story of Sleeping Beauty as Told by the Good and Bad Fairies (The Other Side of the Story)
- What's the Difference Between a Dolphin and a Porpoise?
- What's the Difference Between a Turtle and a Tortoise?
Trisha Speed Shaskan Visits BookHounds
Trisha and Stephen visited with Gianna at Addendum Books for an episode of BookHounds. You can watch that interview below.
Articles Related to Trisha Speed Shaskan
- Stephen Shaskan (The other half of the Shaskan Power Couple)
- World Read Aloud Day with Twin Cities Authors
- BookHounds Episode #2: “Punk Skunks”
This article includes an affiliate link to Bookshop.org, an online bookstore with a mission to financially support local, independent bookstores. Family Fun Twin Cities receives a small commission on books ordered through our link. If you want to find a specific local bookstore to support, find them on this map and they’ll receive the full profit off your order. Otherwise, your order will contribute to an earnings pool that will be evenly distributed among independent bookstores (even those that don’t use Bookshop). Learn more here.
Where we could not link to Bookshop, we include Amazon affiliate links. Family Fun Twin Cities receives a small portion of any sales through our Amazon links.