In 2020, Aquatennial runs from July 22nd through July 25th. This Minneapolis annual summer party began in 1940 and, while it is not as long as it once was, you won’t want to miss the most popular fun and FREE events including the Torchlight Parade and Target Fireworks.These four days are packed with several free options to enjoy (minus parking fees when and where they apply). As of May 14th, Aquatennial is still on in 2020. Stay tuned as details solidify.
Aquatennial Family Events
Wednesday July 22nd
• Loring Park Pre-Parade Family Fun Night • 6pm-8:30pm • Loring Park • Come to the parade early to find a spot and enjoy pre-parade fun, including Free Wilderness Inquiry Voyageur Canoe Rides, free tennis lessons with USTA, food trucks and family-friendly activities.
• CenterPoint Energy Torchlight Parade • 8:30pm-10:30pm • Hennepin Avenue, from Basilica of Saint Mary to 5th Street
Thursday July 23rd
• Nicollet Farmers Market • 6am-6pm • Nicollet (between 6th and 9th Streets) • Stop by the weekly downtown Farmers Market. (Currently on hold for 2020)
• Go Outside with Hennepin County Piano Performance • 12pm-1pm • Hennepin County Government Center South Plaza • Enjoy this weekly summer piano performance during Thursday lunch hours. (Currently on hold for 2020)
• Twin Cities River Rats Show • 6:30pm-9pm • Mississippi River/West River Parkway between Plymouth Avenue and Broadway Avenue • Bring your bug spray and something to sit on.
Saturday July 25th
• Family Fun Zone • 4pm–10 pm • West River Parkway near Portland Avenue • Family-friendly games and activities.
• Target Fireworks • 10 pm • 3rd Avenue Bridge, Mill District • The culmination of the best day of summer! Get there early as space fills up quickly.
For more information about the Aquatennial, make sure you check out the website!
Want to get emails when we re-publish this and other articles? Sign up for our Newsletter below: