In the event that you’re looking for one more place your child can stretch the use of their Halloween costume (and, yes, collect some goodies), several local grocery stores are offering trick-or-treating and other activities in the upcoming weeks:
Jerry’s Foods Halloween Creepy Crawl: Edina, Woodbury & Eden Prairie locations. Trick-or-treat around the store with a re-usable bag to tote your loot! Plus Halloween crafts, scavenger hunts and face painting. When: Sat, Oct 29 • 11am-1pm (Edina & Woodbury) and Sun, Oct 30 • 11am-1pm.
Halloween Party at HyVee: Eagan & Lakeville locations. The first 100 kids in costume through the door receive a FREE glow-in-the-dark trick-or-treat bag, plus activities like cookie and pumpkin decorating for all. When: Saturday, October 22 • 1-3pm
Lunds & Byerly’s Boo Blast and Fall Festival: at the Metro locations listed below. Dress up, troll for treats and enjoy other activities.
- Fri, Oct 14 • DT St. Paul Fall Festival (4-7pm)
- Sat, Oct 22 • Edina Fall Festival (10am-1pm)
- Tues, Oct 25 • Boo Blast at Chanhassen, Eden Prairie, Glen Lake, Golden Valley, Highland Park St. Paul, Richfield & Roseville locations (4-7pm). NE Minneapolis Fall Festival (4-7pm).
- Wed, Oct 26 • Boo Blast at Woodbury (4-7pm)
- Thurs, Oct 27 • Boo Blast at Burnsville, Eagan, Maple Grove & Minnetonka locations (4-7pm)
- Fri, Oct 28 • Boo Blast at Bloomington & Ridgedale locations (4-7pm). Goblin March at St. Louis Park location (10:25am-8pm)
- Sat, Oct 29 • Boo Blast at Plymouth & Wayzata locations (11am-3pm) and Prior Lake (10am-2pm)
Trick-or-Treat at Midtown Global Market: Participating market vendors will be handing out treats. When: Mon, Oct 31 • 5-7pm.
Any one of these could be a great alternative if you’ve got little ones that aren’t quite ready to head out after dark on Halloween night (and I can say, from experience, these stores offer some healthier alternatives to candy!).