It’s the luck of the Irish that makes St. Patrick’s Day fall on a Friday, so we can party all weekend. There is a lot of fun happening around town including two parades and some celebrations.
Also, if you would rather stay in, we have included some ideas for you to use at home.
St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations around theTwin Cities
St. Paul’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade (Friday, March 17. Noon. Rice Park. FREE)
St. Patrick’s Day Irish Celebration (Friday, March 17. 10 am-5 pm. Landmark Center. $5-$7)
- Minneapolis’ St. Patrick’s Day Parade (Friday, March 17. 7:30 pm. Marquette Ave. Free). Note: The parade route REVERSED this year running North to South along Marquette Ave. starting at South 6th Street and concluding at South 11th Street.
- My Preschooler & Me: St. Patrick’s Day Celebration (Friday, March 17. 10-11:30 a.m. Eastman Nature Center $5). Reservations are required: 763-559-6700, Activity #212222-00.
- Lucky Shamrock Party (Saturday, March 18.1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Totally Kids Furniture. Free)
- Irish Day of Dance (Sunday, March 19. 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Landmark Center. $5-$7)
- Irish Heritage Weekend (Saturday-Sunday, March 18-19. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. James J. Hill House $6-$10)
St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner. I don’t know about you, but I love this “holiday.” It’s a fun one for me because there are no expectations. If we forget it, it’s okay–nobody is worse for the wear. If we celebrate it, EVERYONE in the family has fun.
One suggestion I would make for the shake is start with 1/8 tsp of peppermint extract and then add to taste!