Summer movies are a classic choice to enjoy together — especially outside in the parks where they are free! And for an indoor option to beat the summer heat, movie theaters with free or bargained price summer programs are also scattered around the Twin Cities. Read More
Looking for birthday party ideas for your child in the Twin Cities? We get it — the annual bash is a big deal, and as parents, we want to make our kids’ birthday parties the best EVER. Lucky for us, the Twin Cities metro area offers a plethora of birthday party venues from which to choose. We’ve rounded up over 100 of these Twin Cites party places to give you some inspiration for your next birthday celebration! Read More
“Girls need to know that there is room for them in this space,” Gaby Ruiz-Colon, biologist.
If you are a train lover or have train lovers in your family, then the Twin Cities is a fantastic place for you.
James J. Hill–a native of Ontario, Canada–was a pioneer in Minnesota developing the Great Northern Railway and pioneering the Pacific Northwest Railway. Because of his legacy, the Twin Cities has a rich railroad history making it a great location for any train lovers.
These destinations are just the beginning of what you can find here:
MLK Monday – So, what’s closed today? Or, perhaps more importantly, what’s open and where can I get the kids out of the house? We’ve got ideas both indoor and out plus a couple of fun family events to observe the day:
- Rev Dr Martin Luther King, Jr Day 2017 | Powderhorn Park, Minneapolis, 11am-2pm • Celebrate with a community meal, theatre performances and art activities.
- Dr Martin Luther King Holiday | Conway Recreation Center, St Paul, 2-5pm
- Rev Dr Martin Luther King, Jr Celebration | Dr MLK Recreation Center, Minneapolis, 6:30-7:30pm
- Snowman Making Contest & Winter Concert | Silverwood Park, St Anthony • 1-4:30pm • Come build your best snow creature, then warm up with cocoa and an indoor concert courtesy Bunny Clogs.
- Find your nearest Twin Cities-area sledding hill.
- Find your local Twin Cities-area outdoor ice skating rink.
- Como Park Ski Center | St Paul, 10am-6pm • Special MLK hours for cross-country skiing, downhill skiing and snowboarding.
- Go snow tubing with special hours at Theodore Wirth Park ($10/pp) or Columbia Golf Course | Minneapolis.
- Tail Time | Wild Rumpus Books, Minneapolis, 10:30am • Arrive early if you want to get a decent spot. Stick around to see how many critters (yes, animal critters) you can spot slinking around the store!
- PolarPalooza | Como Park Zoo & Conservatory, St Paul, 10am-4pm • Educational games and activities.
- Behind the Scenes: Research Labs | Science Museum of MN, 12-4pm • Included with museum admission, $12.95-$18.95.
- Mill City Museum | Minneapolis, 10am-5pm • Special holiday hours – see our tips at 10 Things For Kids: Mill City Museum.
- Bakken Museum | Minneapolis, 10am-4pm (special holiday hours), $5-$10/pp
- Preschool Open Play | The Blast Indoor Playground, Eagan Community Center, 9:30-11am • A variety of equipment is available to play in the gym as well as play time in the Blast Indoor playground. $4/child ages 1-5.
- Find MORE preschool open gym and open play times.
- Trolls | Riverview Theater, Minneapolis, 1 & 5pm • $2/pp plus awesome popcorn!
- Half-price Open Swim | Great River Water Park, St Paul, 10:30am-8:30pm (activity pool and waterslides open 10:30-noon)
- Find drop-in crafting opportunities for kids of all ages in our Winter Survival Guide.
Julian McFaul has been at it for a decade and doesn’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
And even if he did, the Art Sled Rally has taken on a life of its own and could continue without him.
Couldn’t we all use a little help getting through the long Minnesota winter? Family Fun Twin Cities Winter Break Survival Guide has something for everyone.
We were super excited when Blooma invited Family Fun Twin Cities to try a yoga class, specifically a prenatal yoga class. Don’t get any ideas. Nobody on the FFTC team is pregnant, but yoga is fun. You don’t have to be pregnant to enjoy it. So I found a time on my calendar and made my way over to the new Plymouth location they share with yogamn.
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at SteppingStone Theatre is one of those Christmas items that is on my checklist every year. Unfortunately, it tends to get pushed aside for other things because I know I can always catch it next year. Not this year!
SteppingStone has announced that after this year, this beloved classic is getting sent to the vault. We don’t know when we’ll see it again. If, like me, it’s been on your checklist, this is the year to act. If you don’t know about, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever, let me give you a quick history.