Monarch Butterfly Celebration Saturday, June 8, 1-3 p.m.
Riverview Library, 1 E George St, 651-292-6626
I love this trend that the libraries are following of creating early learning immersion centers. It’s so great to have free places you can take your children to facilitate learning. If you live close enough, it could be a short daily visit.
This weekend, Riverview Library is unveiling its early learning immersion environment by hosting a Monarch Butterfly Celebration. The environment transforms the entire library – inside and out – into a place of discovery and learning for young children with a monarch theme. I’m really jealous of anyone who does live close to this library. Some of the features of this early learning immersion environment are:
- A butterfly garden;
- A “Monarch Mail” station, where kids can send and receive mail; and
- Monarch art installations.
Saturday’s celebration will also will include the following activities:
- 1-3 p.m. – art activities and butterfly garden tours
- 1:15-1:45 p.m. – monarch butterfly storytime presented in English and Spanish (indoors)
- 1:45-2:15 p.m. – cake and refreshments
- 2:15-2:45 p.m. – Aztec dance performance: Danza Mexica Cuauhtemoc (outside unless it’s raining — which it probably will be).