If you have a library card to MELSA Libraries (Anoka County, Carver County, Dakota County, Hennepin County,Ramsey County, Saint Paul, Scott County, Washington County), you now have another option for free or reduced-price tickets to arts activities and museums with the MELSA smARTpass Program. To participate:
- Find An Event you are interested in;
- Click on Reserve;
- You will receive an email reservation with a link to a pass;
- Follow the instructions on your pass.
I reserved a pass to the MIA’s State of the Art exhibit. This pass required that it be printed and recommended calling ahead for a reservation. It’s important to read over the pass and follow its instructions as each venue have their own procedures.
I was a little sad when the Museum Adventure Pass program ended a few years ago. This program is similar with a few differences.
- You have to find and check out your passes online.
- For the pilot program, only one pass per card per venue.
- Passes are for specific times, which means this program can include performances.
- Once a reservation is made, there is no way to cancel or change/transfer it, and no way to restore that offer if a user is unable to attend for any reason.
- Additional free offers may be posted by partners at any time.
- Partners also have the option of offering discount offers.
For now, this is a Pilot program with limited offers, but in September more offers will be available.