Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestEmail this to someone
IMG_0594Sunday May 5, Noon-Dusk
 1:00 PM:             Parade from Bloomington Ave to Powderhorn Park
3:30ish PM:         Tree of Life Ceremony in Powderhorn Park
1:00-7:00 PM:    Festival in Powderhorn Park

It is hard to believe it is MayDay time already.  I’m watching the snow pour down as I write this. The good news is they are predicting weather near 60 degrees for Sunday and there is only a 20% chance of rain (or as I like to look at it: an 80% chance of no rain).   

Just an FYI: Any decision to postpone the parade won’t be made until the morning of May 5. If the weather is questionable check In the Heart of the Beast’s web site, Facebook page.

Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

About the author

Joy Peters

Joy Peters - co-creator and writer for

Besides Family Fun Twin Cities, I spend my 9 to 5 at a day job pursuing my weird passion for calendars and organizing things as a legal secretary. When I get home I spend my time with my four kids, 10, 6, 4 and 1. My amazing husband is both a full-time musician and full-time stay-at-home dad. Together we run a small radio empire — SiaNet Radio — playing, promoting and enjoying the wide variety of local music and art in the Twin Cities. I juggle all this while writing about exploring the Twin Cities with kids. I couldn’t be happier.

One Comment

Leave a comment
  • […] May Day Parade & Festival Bloomington Avenue to Powderhorn Park Sunday, May 5, 2013 1:00 pm Joy let’s us know all about the parade and festival.  This is an exciting day for the whole family.  The entire event is free.  Huge masks and puppets create a walking theatrical performance and the festival is full of fun activities.  I personally can’t tell you about it because the year that we went, it was postponed due to inclement weather and we couldn’t make the new date.  But it looks fascinating and ever since I have learned about it, I have wanted to go to enjoy the day.  Be prepared for weather again this year, but plan to go whether it’s postponed or not.  I know I want to be there.  Important details in Joy’s post. […]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

© 2016 Family Fun Twin Cities LLC. All Rights Reserved. 1786 Carroll Ave, Saint Paul, MN, 55104, USA

Read previous post:
Silverwood Park

    Silverwood Park Hours: 5:00 AM–10:00 PM Phone: 763.694.7707 Address: 2500 County Rd. E St. Anthony, MN 55421  ...