For over one hundred years, Como Regional Park has played a vital role in meeting the recreational needs of residents of Saint Paul and surrounding communities. Inspired in part by the landscape designs of H.W.S. Cleveland, Frederick Nussbaumer, Superintendent of Parks from 1891 to 1922, worked tirelessly to create an outdoor haven for the area's urban population.
Cafesjians Carousel at Como Regional Park
Como Regional Park Pool
Como Pool's 2016 season runs from June 11th to September 5th.
- Open Swim Hours - 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Weekdays; 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Weekends
- September 5th Open Swim 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Closed July 2 - 3 for private event
- Tot Times - Saturdays 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. ($8 for adult/child pair; $4 second child)
Como Regional Park Pool is Saint Paul's newest outdoor aquatics facility. Amenities include:
- 25-yard, six-lane lap pool
- Equipment for lap swim and water aerobics
- Life jackets available to rent for free
- Two basketball hoops
- Children's activity pool with family Slide
- One-meter diving board
- Two diving platforms
- Aquatic climbing wall
- Aquatic zip line
- 400-foot lazy river
- Men's, women's, and family Locker Rooms
- Concession stand
- Swimming lessons
The Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom Guidebook has been published to provide background information for educators and the public. The guidebook contains a map of the Classroom, content of 27 interpretive posts, natural and cultural history material, and environmental stewardship strategies employed in the Classroom.
The Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom showcases eight native plant communities, 27 interpretive posts, accessible paved and gravel trails, a propagation garden, and restored historical features on 17.5 acres. The Classroom provides natural and cultural interpretation, a place for learning, and habitat for native wildlife.