Welcome to BookHounds! We love books and know that kids do to! Each week, we want to help you find great books to read together because we know that families who read together have fun together.
(This post contains affiliate links)
BookHounds–How to Read the Book
- Take your time. Turn the page and sit for a moment to enjoy the pictures.
- Start calmly and speed as the character panics. Really play in up.
- At the very end, let your voice trail off…..and let your child finish the book.
BookHounds–Activities to Make the Book Come Alive
- Print off a tiger or cut a tiger out of a magazine and hide it around the house. Whenever anyone finds the tiger, they shout, “It’s a tiger!!!!!”
- Play Tiger Hide & Seek
- Draw a picture of something you are afraid of and talk about it.
- Write a new circle story together.
BookHounds–Why I Like This Book
- The discusses fear in a light-hearted way.
- The pictures are very fun
- You can pick up on pattern.
- Make it a puzzle book and look for the tiger in each page.
Next Week’s Book